Body shaming has become so prevalent in today’s society that women are forced to lose weight without any reason. Even if you are fit and healthy, you are judged for not being skinny. In a modern era like ours, women are judged more than men when it comes to body shaming. But hey, don’t you worry okay? You’ve got assets that people die for. You’ve got curves that are completely stunning. So, don’t be bothered by how the society judges you. Carry your own style in your own way and you are sure to rock it.
We have come up with 10 styling tips for you that will help you make a statement whenever you are out.
* Love your body: Sexiness comes from within. Until and unless you find yourself pretty, nobody else will. So, make sure that you love and respect your own body. You don’t need to hide away any body part just because you are bulky. Carry your clothes with confidence and poise. Fitted dresses, jeans or shirts are preferred.
* Stop hiding behind those loose baggy clothes: You don’t need to wear ill fitted clothes. Nobody actually looks good in those. Wear proper fitted clothes no matter if your tummy bulges out a bit. At the same time, you don’t need to think about lengths. Wear short dresses if you want to. Make sure you wear clothes that flaunt your curves.
* Here comes the most important part. Lingerie: A perfect pair of lingerie can do wonders. We have often seen women wearing small sizes just to fit in somehow. Trust me it looks really bad when someone tries to do that. You should always buy the size that fits you. This will make you look good no matter what attire you wear. You can also go for push-ups and short vests that hold your body and control it in such a way that you look the best.
* Try out new designs: There are a lot of new designs in clothing especially for voluminous women. Try out new patterns and designs. Don’t stick to a single pattern thinking that this will make you look good.
* Go for bright colors: We have often seen women choosing light and dull colors so that they are not noticed. Never do that. Wear bold and bright colors. Stand out in a crowd and break stereotypes. Colors like red, neon pink, blue and black will make you look amazing.
* Take care of the shoes: Women who are a bit bulky look great in boots. You can pair them up with jeans or shorts. The right pair of shoes can make you Cinderella in a crowd. You can also go for bellies which make you look petite and fashionable at the same time.
* Trials, trials and trials: Don’t hesitate to try out more or less all the clothes in the shop if you need to. Gone are those days when plus size clothes were difficult to find. Try out new stuff and buy only if you think it’s worth buying.
* Don’t forget to accessorize: Accessories like good belts, bags, shades or ornaments go well at times. You can just use hair bands and sling bags to enhance your looks. A good clutch or rings would do as well.
* Right make up: Never overdo it. Makeup looks best when it’s not made up. Wear makeup but remember you shouldn’t go wrong with the basics, which are your eyes, face, and lips. You can even try hair streaks and different hair extensions to pep it up.
* Correct attitude: You have to get the correct attitude. Cary yourself in such a way that people turn heads with their jaws dropped. Make sure you are comfortable in whatever you wear.
These are a few things you need to keep in mind if you have a voluminous figure. You don’t need to shy away from anything. Make your own style statement and carry it off like a boss.